Was my last day with NLB yesterday.
There were some frequently asked questions by some colleagues: How do you feel about leaving NLB? How's your boss taking it? How is it like after working 5 years in NLB?
As I close this chapter and getting ready for the next, I still couldn't believe that I had tendered and left that place and the same boss whom I had worked with for 5 yrs and joining my VENDOR. It was a melancholy departure, leaving the good people and didn't even get a chance to say bye to my boss. Over the years I've faced lots of obstacles, been through ups and downs, met many helpful and supportive colleagues. There were regrets, there were joy, there were agonies and there were celebrati0ns.
Though many felt that she's a tyrant/demon, I never regret working for my boss. She's someone pretty witty and can't deny that has lots of ideas, I've also learnt a few of her tactics during meetings. Though she had given loads of hard times, torture me like siao but she had also given me opportunites to grow.
Glad to know the 'Fingers' (from thumb - Anna, me, Sandy, Aly and Wendy), the 5 of us shared many hilarious moments especially when we were at Millenia. We used to hv lunch at Aly's office, CSI day and CIR's eat-in day. Every Wed used to be our CSI day, YC would tape the show and bring it to us, we would then rushed to da-bao our food and watched the show while eating. Got to know my first friend during my temp days, her ex-boss and my ex-boss were hardcore loggerheads. Did I mention that she loves pigs? Every year I would make an attempt to get her a piggy gift for her b'day, tough job man... have to hunt for different patterns of pigs or pigs with different outfit.
Over the 5 years, there's also someone who's not in NLB but has never fail to be by my side when I need a listening ear to let out and a shoulder to lean on. A friend who I trust and feel comfortable with and I don't need to say much.
Received a couple of farewell gifts, lunches, dinners and a sweet letter from Mavis. Was really touched by what she wrote and 1 thing I don't quite agree is that we know each other too late. People come into our lives at a particular time for a reason, doesn't mean that earlier is better. Actually I've seen her since am at Millenia just that there wasn't any opportunities for us to interact. A nice person to talk to and have discussions with. This closure allows me to reflect on the number of footprints others had left in my life, the difference I made in others, the network I've built, friends I choose to keep and things that I wish to leave behind...
- the End -
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment