Monday, February 05, 2007

5th Anniversary

5 years ago, I was converted from a temp to a perm staff and started by career with N L B. It was an agonising experience. Some of my extra tasks (not stated in the job scope) was to serve coffee/tea at meetings and zap and bind documents. Couldn't believe that a diploma graduate was asked to do those chores, it was almost like a career shock. Started complaning and feeling petulant but Advisor Ler was there to encourage me and told me to give myself and the organisation 2 yrs.

These 5 years, had definitely been a fruitful and well travelled journey. I've built my network, got to know lots of people across the organisation, worked with a fantastic team before, had plenty of support from colleagues and finally given an opportunity to work and lead a marketing team.

In a blink of an eye, I've stayed with the same company, department and boss for 5 years. When I first joined this department, heard people telling me that it's not going to be easy working for Yinnie. Freaky messages were shooting from right brain to left, imagination started running wild (am I working for a human or monster?) I put myself to test and felt that she's not that wicked after all. She's a boss that many would dislike - unable to provide directions, indecisive and enojys last minute changes. She has lots of ideas to share but unfortunately she's too greedy to have all PERFECTLY executed at the expense of her staff.

What about the softer aspect? Well, she certainly have a little of that. At least she's willing to fight for staff welfare and supportive of staff development. That's about it... :P

This date, I've decided to celebrate my 5th year with something significant... A decision to leave the organisation, department and boss for greener pastures. Last Thursday, went down to the agency to sign the contract thereafter wrote an email to my boss giving her only 1 month notice. She sounded unhappy and disappointed but finally gave me her blessings. Not sure if am fortunate or unfortuante, finally got my emplacement (promotion) approved on 1 Feb and not knowing it I tendered on 2nd. I guess these are little tradeoffs.

Looking forward to my new advanture working with the ka nas (Olive)

No comments: