Monday, June 12, 2006

A day @ KBC

Spent my Saturday afternoon at Kaki Bukit Centre (Prison Sch), watching my volunteers conducting the Community Reintegration Programme (CRP) for the inmates. It's not easy to run a programme for this special group of people, they are hyper active and a little rowdy.

It's also not the volunteers forte to manage and conduct programmes professionally for the imates. Their courage, time and effort to put this whole programme on 'Self Control' together had certainly earned my salutation and applause. When I was there, I too learnt a lot about self control and how concious am I about my actions. Flashes back of how my impulse actions had inflicted unhappiness and hurt on others especially the loved ones. I wonder if there's any way that we could practice and be more cool headed when arguments arises. Then there'll be lesser fights which some may lead to death and other disasters.

It's amazing how some of the inmates actually escaped the gallows and were regretful about their foolish acts. In a fit of anger, anything could possibly happen. There was a segment on roleplaying as a recap on the lesson learnt. As I observed, their roleplays most of the acts were pretty similar. Somehow, it reflects the story behind that brought them into prison. It's a difficult task to constantly and conciously reminding ourselves to keep cool but every actions, there's a ripple effect and we should think of those that matters to us.

No comments: