WOW! New job for me after 5 Bloody years, almost over baked ah!
First day reporting at my new work place, jump out of bed at 7.10am (dare not even laze a little longer). Reached interchange and saw the usual long Q at 31, glad that am in that line anymore. On the contarary, I had enjoyed those crowded bus ride, those familiar faces and things that I've been doing during the rides. But these will slowly fade away and adapting to the new ones...
It's a little inconvenient for me now, I have to take the MRT to City Hall then a bus to my work place. Am taking the MRT after 2 years of bus ride to work! Arggg.. It's worse then bus rides, at least the ITE students smell better than the working class. I really wonder what perfumes these people wear and how much are they spraying on themselves everyday. Too much of it kills, perfume with sweat also kills, those are not lethal. Guess what really kills? The air from some inconsiderate idiot's arse.
Hai... Damn horrible, raining on my first day to the work place. People told me that it's blessing from Heaven and wanted to wash away the past and start afresh. Hmm... Wonder where they got the logic or were the words meant for me??? :/
It's feels awarkard when I walked down the unfamilar streets of Chinatown. Waited for quite a while for someone to open the door. They were all late... Blame it on the traffic jams and the weather... (wahaaa) Sueanne said she still couldn't believe that am working for them now, I told her, I couldn't believe it either.
First day @ work, am already given 3 projects to work on with Linda. STRESS level goes up! At least I don't and can't slack here. The real wOrk begins... Have never used Google like this much before, it has been D first and only website on my laptop for the past 2 days.
Time passes quite fast on my first day, decided to take the bus home. That day, was an opportunity for me to take a close look at Chinatown. It's an interesting and iconic representation of what Singapore has been through. An enthralling picture was presented in front of me as I was taking a stroll down South Bridge Road. It painted the old and modern Singapore with rows of old shophouses in the front and commercial skyscrapers behind.
Wah piang, took me almost 1 hr 20 mins to get home (my seat could even fry an egg). It's always enjoyable to observe at the liveliness on a busy streets, the emptiness on some, the nice architecture of houses and be entertained by the ads put up @ the bus-stops and billboards.
It has been a week of deep thoughts...
Saturday, March 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment