When I shared my job description with my friends, they were all so excited about what am doing. When asked, what were they excited about, they can't put their finger on it. The replied was fun and I get to meet different groups of people from different backgrounds and get to go different places. Hmm... Or did I present it very flowery tone. =/
Last week, I finally get to meet Prince Charming. No, not the fairy tale type. Is he charming? Erm... Pretty good looking, I must say. Sharp features, tall and very gentleman. Oh, did I mention that he's from Saudi Arabia? He doesn't rides a horse carriage, nor comes with an entourage, not sure if he lives in a palace thou. (haaa...) To cut the long story short, the Prince looks just like any other man on the streets. =)
I was his Liaison Officer (LO) during his 3-Day visit, in layman's term I always describe my job as a high class nanny. Had to follow him on all his official meetings, though it sounded like an easy job but it could be quite fatiguing. Nevertheless, I get to go to places that public won't get a chance to. My first time to the (SG) White House, woooh there's a huge golf course and it was quite a long drive in from the main gate. Oh and generally the Gurkhas there are rather tann & handsome. ;)
The other talk about place is the T.Holdings. WHOOO, their office is so lavish and extravagant. Their meeting rooms are designed according to the different themes, a spiral staircase behind the recep counter leading up to the senior management offices. One other impressive place to share is the J.Island. WOW, going there is just like setting foot on a different island. As we stood at the view gallery, we could see the 360 deg view of the island. Huge oil rigs, tankers, heavy chemical & petroleum industries, chimneys puffing out steam/smoke. The perimeters on the island is so damn huge, almost the size of a Tamp estate (i think), surrounded by the blue waters. Am not exaggerating and probably the other place besides Serangoon where you can find lots of Bangalor workers. This place is where the country's lifeline, bringing in large investments and revenue. That's why after the 911 incident, the security is so tight.
The visit went well and the Royal Highness was easy to manage. I must say they were pretty independent, they made their own hotel & transport arrangements. I was actually given a US$1,000 tip at the end of the programme and had to surrender it to my company.
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment