Sunday, November 16, 2008

Baking, cooking & card making

Another get together with the fingers @ Wenz po po place. I was supposed to fulfill my cooking 'promise' to them and there I was, whipping up a meal for them yesterday. I had 2 'khakis' to go with me on a supermarket spree. And here's what on my menu:
1) Omelet (shrooms & tomato)
2) Ma Po Dou Fu
3) Ginger Chicken
4) Yong Tau Foo soup
suppose to have another broccoli dish but the gang felt it was too much food.

It was a day of mini-pigging out, we had Rojak followed by potato chips. While we are snacking the chips, Wenz was busy baking her lemon cake. And we all had 1 cake each for teabreak. The cake was a little sweet but aroma of lemon was fragrant, it sure goes well with a cup of English tea. After that the gals decided to try Orange flavour, this time Anna & me had to do the whisking and Sand had to scrap the orange skin . Tiring leh...

I had lots of helpers in the kitchen when I was washing, cutting and cooking. Oh yes and a camera woman. haa... After dinner, the gang brought out their card making Tools & Equipments. No joke! Cutter lah, stencils (loads n loads of it), colour materials, stamps, ink pads, brushes and etc. Amazing, how much stuff they had to drag out from the cupboard for card making. My first time making a card, quite therapeutic painting & shading the elephant.

To conclude, it was a cosy and domesticated time spent with them.

No comments: