Sunday, August 17, 2008

A New Begining!

After 16mths of events management, I decided that this is not what I want for my career. Still feels that corporate enviromnent suits me more a then I found this NGO. At first when I went through the interview, I thought chances of getting in were slim. 2 weeks later, I received a call from them and said they wanna offer me a job! OMG!!! I called them back the following day to say OK!


5 days ago, I embarked on this new adventure with this organisation. Spent my first 2 days stoning in front of my PC, didn't know what to do and I guess my colleagues didn't know what to assign to us either. Oh, there was another colleague who came in 2 days earlier than me. =P First time in my 2 other working env, most of my colleagues there are younger than me. Well, I would catagorised the working env as yuppies and pretty much function like a family, play hard and work hard. Believing in work life balance. Friday, there was a 'welcome party' for my colleague, it was really heartwarming and getting allowing other staff to get to know us. We certainly have a very humorous director who is 3 wks old in the organisation, that keeps the party filled with lots of laughter.

The past 5 days had been quite an enjoyable one. Looking forward to more enjoyable working days with them tho. Well, though it's a little far from my home to the workplace but I think it's what motivates you to work that's important and not the distance.

No comments: