After 1yr 4 months working in the events industry, I got to say I've learnt quite a fair bit. From conceptualising to costing and to execution, lots of sweat and hardwork. Switching from client to vendor was never the same or even close to. It was 180 degree difference, the work demand and deliverables were much greater. Had to manage clients' expectations and some were a real nuisance. argghhh! #%^*((&%$^*)
Still remember vividly my first few months @ O L I V E, was such a tough period. My first assignment was tasked to do a Horrible Project seminar series. Can die man! A greenhorn like me, sure to have lots of mistakes. True enough, simply can't get things right either I forget this or that, always kenna suan and scolded by my ex-boss. Didn't really know what to do then, was near depression but had to bite my lip and carry on my BMT training. Apart from the bad memories, there were sweet ones too. I had 2 very fun, dramatic and lovable playmates 1 part-time (mother of 2 notti boys) and 1 full time (the Halls gal). This job has allowed me to build confidence, having the ability to handle projects and find resources independently and work on tight timeline. A boss that gives us enough freedom to handle our own projects...
Last Thur, was my last day at work. I decided to take a walk down raffles place to my office area for the last time. I felt my footsteps were heavier and kind of feeling, the walk was melancholy. Received a few sms to congrats me on my last day and it made me felt worse, maybe because the feeling of starting all over again and adapting to new environment/people is daunting on me.
Am certainly gonna miss a few familiar places my playmate (Halls gal) and me used to hang out at during our lunch. The cheong shop (where she'll gets her dosage), cold storage, Hong Lim (hokkien mee), Amoy (fish soup) and Golden Shoe (crispy chicken rice). Biangz...
The start of my 1 week break! =)
Sunday, August 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment