What an auspicious date and day to remember, as we count down to 08:08pm for the Beijing Olympic to open ceremony.
While Beijing had their final preparation, I was at PCNL helping out at their seniors Olympic. It was an event organised by the youth for the elderly. I had to be the 'official' photographer to capture the moments. On the surface, it looked/sounded heart-warming but beneath it, couple of unhappiness and dissatisfaction. Discontentment aside, I must say that am proud of Joshua & the boys for putting up such a good show and at least this is the true kampong spirit and the seniors get to experience active aging.
There were games such street soccer, basketball (mobile basket) =P, relay and wii, for many it's their first time trying out such games. Not forgetting to mention the torch, what is Olympic without that torch. I had to lug my camera and ran the 'marathon' with the boys and old folks. Can be damn tiring... =/
Wasn't that keen to go down initially, cos I've upset someone and don't wanna go create that awkward situation of not talking to each other. But being able to witness the smiles and laughters on the wrinkled faces of the silver generation, I think its all worth the while.
Saturday, August 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment