Tuesday, October 23, 2007

pox invasion

My first encounter with chicken pox.

Having 2 weeks holiday is not that fun though when you had to suffer those time bombs on your body and live on special diet. The first 2 days was a total hell for me, pain, itch and high fever, popping tablets every 4 hourly. How I would describe ah - it is a pork stew, I could feel my body stewing under a temperature. MISERABLE! &$^#*)^!$(*#! Gradually the water bombs started popping up in various sizes, XS, S, M & L. (haha) Am just hoping that those on my face won't burst.

Fortunately there was Mrs Ler (my mama), boiling liang teh everyday, cooking kuay tiao soup and porridge for me and chant for me so that I won't be in pain. I had a very bad throat and drank water & visit the washroom like nobody's business, almost build a well & toilet bowl in my room.

The part i hate most is I can't shower & wash my hair... =/ I think i need a good scrub after the pox are gone. I think my face is masked with a layer of oil and my hair is also gelled with oil. :S

Nevertheless, at least now I have time to rest and catch up on some of my readings.

No comments: