Saturday, October 20, 2007

mY biG daY

Not my wedding lah!



After a long wait of 1.5yrs, my convocation is finally here. Not only a joyous moment for me but I think for my parents too. They have waited long enough for someone in our family to wear that mortar board. Months before the convocation, Mas kept asking me if am excited and my reply to her is always "no leh, what is it to be excited about ah?" Until 1 week before the event, she called and asked me the same question again and guess what's my reply? "Same lor."

This morning, met them at the hotel @ 9am. The room was filled with graduands from a few faculty of ECU, all excited to put on their gown. At that moment, I felt excited receiving the (empty) scroll from the chancellor of ECU. I could see & feel that my parents were proud of me.

This entry is specially dedicated to Mr & Mrs Ler for supporting me through this. For all the years, I've not been an academically bright student, I had to take a longer route just to get to where others at my age have already reached. When I said I wanted to take up mass comm, you both didn't disagree and even asked if I had enough to pay for the school fees. Thank god, I had some savings to pay for the Adv Dip. When I decided to further my studies, my dad offered a 3K 'scholoarship' and mum offered a load of 4k so that I don't need to pay instalments and incurre the unnecessary interest. I share with honour not only with my parents but also friends that had supported me this far and along the journey.

Thank you....

No comments: