Sunday, July 02, 2006

Last module @ KBC

Yesterday was our last lesson @ KBC, a module on "Setting your goals". Do you have any goals? What are goals to you? Do they really mean anything? How many of us actually follow what we've set to achieve? What's the duration are we setting to accomplish those goals?

It was a chance for the students to think about what they would like to do after realased. Many of them know what they want, but there are too many obstacles ahead of them. Famlies, financial, education, accptance and determination to move forward. Challenges are unavoidable but I just don't wish to see those obstacles becoming 1 of their lame reasons that stop them from achieving it. We taught them how to set achievable milestons and some advices on how to overcome certain barriers. As we were on this topic, 1 of my group's student shared with me about his life story. He said that he felt remorseful and looking foward to relase to prove himself, his mum and sis that with sheer determination he could turn over a new leaf. He said that he had enough of prison's life and would look foward to a stable job such as being a car mechanic. The initial thought that came to my mind was: "is he saying a 10 yr series answer or is he really telling his honest feelings". I know I should not doubt anyone but it's a natural reflection when am interacting with them. Nevertheless, I told him that no matter what happens, just try your best and control his temper and temptation.

We ended with sharing session amongst the group and a performance by some of our 'On' volunteers. Overall, I think the students and volunteers were delighted and enojyed each others company.

No comments: