Disclaimer
Am not referring to anyone particular in this entry.
I was talking to a group of friends recently about the different and same hobbies we all have. Realised that as we grew older, we tend to slack more and our lifestyles pretty much the same. WORK, WORK and WORK... Or, it's going movies and makan sessions.
I asked if it really matters if someone you are close with has a different hobby as yours. Some said it doesn't matter because they could learn from one another, others said yes because it limits the conversation. Aiyo... I duno how to answer this question, I see both sides of the coin.
But I realised that it's a little tough to share the sentiments of the other party. One hand I'm keen to listen, the other I'm worried that I've nothing to add to the conversation and I don't wish to be a wet blanket neither do i wish to see them stop sharing their passion with people from the outter circle.
Will such differences form a distance in the relationship/friendship? I guess it depends on how each individual manage the issue. The common reasons to an end of a relationship or friendship is always due to difference in persona or interest. Usually friends would prefer that their companion to share similarities so that they could do it together. laugh and talk about it. Nonetheless, am a person who's more curious to learn and search for people who has different passion from me so that we could talk about it everyday and at times am able to get fresher inputs for my interest.
=)
Monday, July 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment