Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Experience @ MAW

2 days before X'mas, I did a voluntary service at the Make A Wish (MAW) Foundation's X'mas party. Initially I was unsure if am prepared to volunteer for MAW as I was afraid that I'll be affected by their sickness. In fact, I learnt a lot at the event. I see fighting spirit in every child, I saw tender support in every parent, I see true compassion in (almost) every volunteer. Quite a number of sick children in SG struck by life threatening diseases, illnesses that will deteriorate their health. Putting in layman's term, it's a death sentence for the kids.

Thankfully for MAW foundation, the kids get their wishes fulfilled by good Samaritans. Unique wishes such as being an adult, fireman or princess for a day, simple wishes like having a bicycle, psp, computer games, etc. I guess the kids know that they are somehow a different than others but they have chose to appreciate what's given to them and fight to see sunrise each day. Most of us take health, time and life for granted, how many of us were thankful that we could actually see daylight every morning...

Why would these despicable diseases take away the lives of these young lives... May there be lots of blessings and joy for these MAW angels...

No comments: