Saturday, November 28, 2009

Italian dinner & Tiramisu dessert

A bold and adventerous try! None of us has made or tried making tiramisu before and yesterday was our first. We happily bought the necessary ingredients needed and headed to straight to Wei's home, the god damn Mascropone Cheese is super costly. I was arrowed as the 'Director' and they'll just follow (blindly) my instructions. wahhaha... I tried too hard to comprehend the 3 different receipes and our first try was a failure. It did not turn out like the mousse or as stiff as it was suppose to be.

As a strong believer of never say die attitude, I insisted on buying another 3 (atas) cheese and 10 eggs to try it out again. This time, we decided to just follow Wei's friend receipe & the (vague) instructions. =P Finally, the mixture turned out much better than the first. I must say the 4 of us had quite an experience and satisfaction.

After our Italian dinner, we ate the Tiramisu for dessert. It did not turn out to be as firm as we expected, was a bit too soggy, am puzzled what went wrong with the receipe. But nevertheless, as our first attempt, I think it's already quite achievement.

It was our first cosy gathering at Wei's place with 2 husbands and 2 kids. I had deep sentiments when Feng said that it's hard to find friends that are authentic and altruistic these days and I totally agree with that statement. I think you'll only be able to identify true friends only when in bad times, people who will be there to standby you and take any risk and challenges with you.

No comments: