When my favourite season (X'MAS) is here again, we know that it's time to bid farewell to our past and welcome the future, reflection and creation.
Reflecting on what has happened in my life over the past 12 months, was like a mini coaster ride. Things were quite boring at the beginning, I didn't quite enjoy what am doing in the events company and the low morale & uncreative environment drives me nuts. Desperately looking for the 'perfect' job wasn't that easy, prayed real hard. Went for several interviews, there were crappy, engaging and amusing ones. I almost gave up searching for d' perfect job then I saw a link on those job sites that SIF is hiring, I sent in my resume with zilch expectations. Not long after, I was asked to go for the interview, they told me that if am selected I'll need to go through round 2. Guess what, I got the job offer a week later. I was thrilled! YEAH!
Then my long time friend, Ah Giam is getting married next year! So fun accompanying her and Ah Feng (her hubby) on a banquet & bridal hunting. Oh gosh, realised there's a lot to prepare for that only (big) day. I quite like the venue she had decided to have her dinner, a private pool for cocktail... oooo, just a little touch up of the place, am sure it'll be an unforgetable evening.
Another happy news to share, after 2 operations and many tries, my good friend Steff is gonna be a mother of a pair of (moo) twins... Wish they are born in Apr, just like godma (me). haaa...
Made some friends this year and glad that the many friendship I established is still growing and going strong. Hopefully am still in their memory and not let it fade away. I realised that the 'ra ra' side of me had tone down a lot. I guess as we grow older, we are to taking on different roles and responsibilities and wanting a certain extend of treatment.
A good friend of mine got into trouble, a complication that should never had happened after he had done so much. Like the saying goes: We don't bite the hands that feed. Unfortunately, he was bitten by people whom he loved and feed well. So the moral of the story is, we do what we can within our limits and not stretched ourselves too much (unless it's worthy).
What is life without the Ups & Downs... We often let present slip away and ruminate about what's past.
No comments:
Post a Comment