As I was taking the bus home, I start to reflect on my life. I've been searching for new career opportunities to grow and challenge myself, a job that am passionate about and the desire to bring greater values. Besides that, the other part of my life is with the centre. Have been quite involved with their work. Recently, I made a decision. I accepted a pay cut and is now working on 4-day week, so that I can spend 1 'working' day at just to focus on building the youth centre and help develop business for the seniors/housewives over there.
To some, it sounds noble, to others it may sound stupid. To my 2 friends, it's a dream who has inspired me to want to do my part for the children there. I, sometimes too wonder if I've made the right choice. Why? Because I don't know how much value am I able to bring to the community and is it really worth the while. I guess the results can only be determined at a much later stage as it's going to be a long nurturing process.
I have been procrestinating if I should just stop volunteering for a while and recharge. i have no life man... when i reflect, it's either about work or voluntary work. Hmm, my poor sweetheart is waiting for me to take it out for a scenic tour. I feel like just slacking on a beautiful white sandy beach with a clear blue sea with a good book... n a bottle of orange juice n chips.
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment