It was like a makan excursion with the fingers!
Qualifiers: Make sure you have an empty stomach and game to eat whatever whenever!
I looked like am 4 months pregnant at the end of the excursion. We really travel from once place to another eating and chatting (literally) non-stop. I wonder why Monkey always gets to have all the drama in her office but she's a born entertainer too.
We met for lunch @ Crystal Jade (Taka), the dim sum was superb, fresh seafood fillings and the lotus leave rice was pearly soft. Their waitresses were a group of very bubbly aunties, and thumbs-up for their sales effort in promoting the new dishes. (4 stars)
We did some shopping after that, as usual Princess has vouchers to spend and she bought another piece of accessories. We were suppose to shop for Thumb's & my prezy but landed up rumball got her own prezy instead. =/
After shopping, we decided to go for tea. Guess where we went? DEMPSEY! YAY! The ma fan place i've always wanted to go. A place I would often wanna go rest (if i have the 4 wheels but need a licence first) my mind with my cuppa and stone for rest of the day. Things at Jones supermarket are damn pricey but fresh and has quality (I think), simple packaging nothing gimmicky. We decided to park our butts @ Dome (like the old English cafes). Env = 4 star
After the kopi session, Wenz said she had craving for pasta. So we headed down to some ulu place in Bukit Timah but can't find that darn makan place, we landed up at another pasta place. The food was quite good, we ordered a salad, 2 pastas & a pizza but not too good for the service thou.
Guess what, I thought it was the end. Sand said that usually the gang would end the session with a dessert. (OMG!) We headed down to Sunset Way for ice-cream. I had the food all stuff up my brain already hence I was stoning in the car. Another ulu place, surprising the ice-cream was good, exotic flavours. We had rum& raisins, lychee martini, guinness stout and a coffee liquor flavour. The guinness stout and coffee was the best (I feel), never tried such exotic ice-cream before, a tinge of liquor in those really makes it taste heavenly, lychee martini was refreshing. MUST TRY! (Need to go get the name of the shop) Hmm =/
This outting almost freaks me out by just eating (almost) non-stop, as you can see. But I really enjoy the time together and everyone's presence.
Monday, March 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment