Tuesday, June 19, 2007

iS iT mE...

3 months into my new job, a job I thought I would enjoy but am starting to question myself...

Last Saturday was not only mine but to many others in my current company including my boss, completed our first large scale event @ the National Stadium. A movie supposedly for 15,000 people but due to bad weather, only 5000 turned up. The first and last movie screening @ the iconic venue that had celebrated many patriotic moments. Overall, I would say that the event is pretty much a success, things were quite smooth with just some frustrations and irritations (which literally sets me to even think harder).

How long will it take me to learn to work smart and not work hard. I think it doesn't pay to work hard. I realise 1 thing, events management is not my cup of tea from a vendor's perspective. Or maybe there's insufficient teamwork from the company, people do just what they are task to do or choose what they like to do, no initiatives, etc. Or is it me, that am still living and comparing where I used to be. It's not about the environment, it's about the people. It doesn't matter about working in a fast pace environment or tough challenges lying ahead, to me is about human quality.

***********************************************************************
Today some of you had crossed my mind seeing flashes of those familiar faces. Just hope that you are all well.

1 comment:

Ziggylove said...

Hey ler, for what it is worth, my colleague who was there with her kids enjoyed the event and even showed me the instant pic they took. They looked really happy.

Believe it yourself yah.Hugz