Monday, June 04, 2007

Hong Kong' 07















The country that will be celebrating its 10th year of its return to China in July. Ask where's the best place to have yummy dim sum, they'll tell you Hong Kong. Ask where's Lao Po Bing originated, it's Hong Kong. Where's the smallest Disney land? Where can you find Disney characters speak Cantonese? Hong Kong! Large signboards crossing each other, competing who's signboard is longer, bigger and brighter. A country that clearly shows lavishness and poverty with just a street apart...

Am back after spending 5 days on the dim sum island. Weather there is driving me nuts! %#$& It's not only humid, it's HOT, BURNING HOT. Sweat was free flow and yes we are so sticky that no need glue, we could just stick together like unused wooden chopsticks. The bloody heat caused headaches very often, dehydration and BO (yew! wahahaha, cos we sweat alot) I came back roasted and almost literally brain-fried. Too many concretes and minimal tress to provide shades. The skyscrapers were beautifully constructed, mostly glass exterior (high maintenance sia) reflecting the other nearby buildings.
EEEEW! SMELL DOU FU! To some it's a local delicacy but to many it's a stinky piece of beancurd. Sweet juicy icy fresh mango/watermelon/strawberry and a layer of clear jelly at the bottom were what we had for dessert, 3 out of our 5 days stay.

Out of the few trips I had, I've never bought as much as this one. Let's see what I've bought, 1 jeans 2 pants, 2 tops and a pair of Addidas shoes. Espirit and Giodarno there are real cheap, you can spend hours in there selecting and trying (but not for me).
Ok, I'll be putting up some nice photos on my photoblog. Meantime, view this first.

No comments: