Before bidding farwell to another year, take some quiet time to review and evaluate the happenings in our life for the past 12 months. A recap of my exciting journey in 2006...
A little boss in Feb 2006
In Feb, I started a small venture on makeup services with 2 other partners. When I first announced this business, I saw eyes popping out in disbelief. The first statement I got from friends were, "are you sure you in the right business?" they couldn't believe that am into a Makeup business wor! As it didn't do well, I had to pull the plug in June. Though it was an irrational decision to step into a business that I have the least knowledge and skills about but it was an certainly exciting adventure. I saw the potential of the business but what I left out was to survey the place and its crowd. The building had limited space and it was literally like an aquarium, people felt claustrophobic shopping there. During the 4 months @ Icon, I got to know some friends and Xin had her shop there too, selling fashion apparels. Hmm... she's closing down in Feb'07 too. The management there better buck up with their publicity man!
A little boss in Feb 2006
In Feb, I started a small venture on makeup services with 2 other partners. When I first announced this business, I saw eyes popping out in disbelief. The first statement I got from friends were, "are you sure you in the right business?" they couldn't believe that am into a Makeup business wor! As it didn't do well, I had to pull the plug in June. Though it was an irrational decision to step into a business that I have the least knowledge and skills about but it was an certainly exciting adventure. I saw the potential of the business but what I left out was to survey the place and its crowd. The building had limited space and it was literally like an aquarium, people felt claustrophobic shopping there. During the 4 months @ Icon, I got to know some friends and Xin had her shop there too, selling fashion apparels. Hmm... she's closing down in Feb'07 too. The management there better buck up with their publicity man!
Feb 2006
Mdm Ong joined us. Don't know how come she suku suku fall into the trap of becoming some project manager. She's as serene as her name defines.... She speaks with a crisp, always kenna suan with the bed warming or hor fun jokes and a pretty contagious laughter. Ooh, she drives a black with white straps Mini, her driving quite spiak cut lanes quite steady one wor.
Apr 2006
Got to know a new friend from another department through a focus group discussion. When i first knew her, she gave me the impression that she's warm on the outside but icy cold inside. Getting to know her during the first few months was toughest thing. She is tempremental, gets angry & irritated easily and grumpy. But of course, she has her sweet side too. Always willing to lend her hands n ears, fighting for her own rights & someone else's too, talking sense, bantering and last but not least, though she looks tough she's very vulnerable. Gradually from a grouchy bug (though she's still grouchy at times), she's a sweet spongy little bug now. You've certainly increased my knowledge on dance, mother nature and under waterworld.
May 2006
An exciting month laid ahead. Attending P-L-S-G's comm session has always been fun and hillarious, especially if AC presents. This time it was a horrifying yet unforgettable experience for me, seeing my name appeared several times as the project manager (marketing) of P-L-S-G's L2o10 services was an 'honourable' appointment. Being able to have the opportunity to develop a marketing plan for the services was an exciting and challenging task. I was overjoyed by the news but it was pretty short lived, my boss was not very pleased of me spending too much time on this project even had an argument on this issue.
July 2006
The preparation month for SXXM launch. Those were the days when we had to stay back to work till past midnight. Laughters and gossips over Hokkien mee dinner with the folks was unforgettable. Though we almost had to 'camp' in office every other night but at least I saw teamwork. That was Mdm Ong's first SXXM launch event and it's also her last. hmm...
September 2006
Happy sad month. Both Mee & Mdm Ong left the organisation almost at the same time. It was hell for me, like a loner on a no man's island. Gone were those days where most of us would enjoy staying back to having dinner and slogging on the campaigns' last minute preparations together. 5 years in XXB, besides CCD no other department has such a high turnover before, I guess my department is now second on the list. AK, ML & SO left, I guess for the same reason (the boss). Some people (like our boss) don't change, they'll either pretend not to see that the problems lies with them or they never realised it.
September/October 2006
An-yung-ha-say-oh, greetings from Korea. Went to Seoul with Li & Wei, saved really hard just to go experience their Autum. Apparently it's the best weather to visit any of the seasonal countries. Experiencing the cool breeze and clean air was just so refreshing, slept through out my bus and plane rides. Couldn't seem to control the sleepy bug in me, need to recuperate my sleep. This was the best tour I've had so far, our tour guide (Dona) kept telling us jokes about her family, her mum and other tour groups. (wonder if she had told other group about us, hmm) Caught a glimps of the maple leaves turning red. Almost everyday steamboat was our staple food, eating it day and night. 9 of us came back with an extraordinary friendship. It's just so amazing to still be able to maintain a friendship after returning from the trip, we are still keeping in touch via MSN (technology binds people). Oh yes, a few of us came back with nick names given by Dona, mine = "Xiao Hei Zhu" (black pig), Grace = "Xiao Pang Mei", .Mitch = "Ai Ku Gui", Twins = Jie Jie Mei Mei. Till now, I still preserve my nick Xiao Hei Zhu, especially Xiao Pang Mei loves calling me that.
November 2006
Looking forward to the bonus announcement. In September, I took over the Letters project from Mee. In my opinion, I see value in this initiative but somehow the methods of executing is not in line with what I want. This month we re-launch this project again, keeping my fingers crossed that we are able to garner more than 100 letters.
Went toy shopping with bb bug and had lots of fun getting presents for the 2 princesses. Val loves to draw, bought her a sketch book and Vic a toy set. Was tough selecting Vic's prezzydon't know what she likes, hence landed up buying her a toy set. Had an early X'mas dinner @ California Pizza with Mee, the kids, SO, June, Chrissy and Joan.
'Celebrated' Ming's 1st anniversary with the same dinner we had the last time, spent a few quiet moments and wishing her well in the other world.
December 2006
A month of thanks giving... That's right, due to better economy growth, Ah gong gave us BONUS = 2.2! Have to safe real hard to mend that huge hole in my bank... December is a fanatic month for shoppers, shop till you drop! Lots to shop for X'mas, gifts exchange, buying gifts for love ones and partying all night.
First X'mas with you, received 2 special gifts for X'mas this year, had a beautiful hand-made X'mas card Crumpler bag from you. :D Am thankful that you were willing to spend X'mas with me even you were unwell.
Went Balai with TT, CP, Randy, Yingzi and bb bug, was quite an eye opening visit to an undeveloped island. In a backward country,Orchard Rd and Chinatown exist too. There is a hospital, a few schools, some NICELY painted and well kept govt buildings and oh yes there are only 3 traffic lights. Wooden houses were not well furnished, kids were a little unruly, sanitary and survival are 2 of the major issues. Hardly see any rubbish bins around, there were little heaps of trash everywhere. At the outskirts of Balai, the houses with leaking roofs are build on slumps, hygiene there is worse than in Balai. Pigs, piglets, chickens and dogs were running everywhere, there were no proper farm to upkeep these animals. It's sad to know that youth have to work as prostitutes or involved in illegal activities to earn a living. My only wish for them is to have prospective investors willing to help build the economy so that the people there could have a better standard of living and education system.
This year has certainly been a fruitful year going through adventures and overcoming obstacles. Looking forward to 2007 to create more fun and exciting journey in the brand new year ahead...
No comments:
Post a Comment